Friday, January 6, 2012

I am so glad I still have you!


‎7 years ago on this day the love of my life suffered multiple strokes...I was told not to expect him to make it through the night. He did but: He could barley see, could hardly talk, could not even sit in a chair independently, much less walk or feed himself. He had a 5 1/2 week hospital stay, therapy for 6 months. He never gave up, never quite trying. There were tears, but also lots of laughter, you see we are not the type to feel sorry for ourselves, so we laughed at ourselves instead!  7 years later, he is still teaching, walks with barley a noticeable limp and can see, talk, and certainly eat perfectly fine! All of this with Lots of hard work, prayers and the Grace of God! He is my true hero, to see what he has and continues to overcome daily!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this. Thoughts and prayers going to you for many more years together.

    ReplyDelete